SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG P320RX Full Size Magazine Issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P320RX Full Size Magazine Issue Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
I recently purchased a used P320RX full size. I have a Carry with the Compact and Subcompact Kits. All are 9x19mm.

Three 17-round magazines refuse to lock into the full size grip module; however, they work okay on the Carry, Compact, and Subcompact grip modules.

Five other 17-round magazines, that look identical to the other three, lock into the grip module on all four sizes.

Any one got an idea as to why this is happening?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Not the old mag base types that won't fully insert into the x-frames are they?

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Even though you said all the magazines look the same, my first thought was also about the floor plates.

I’d remove the floor plates from the problem magazines and try inserting them that way.
If the mag tubes by themselves seat and lock okay, then switch the floor plates from the mags that work onto the ones that don’t.

Added: What’s odd is that the problem mags fit in the Carry grip module. The Carry uses the same magazines as the full size module, so I suspect it must be some incompatibility between module and floor plates. Does your pistol have the X grip module?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
SIGfreund was right.

I do not have an X-grip module; however, the three magazines that came with the Carry have plates marked "SIG" (and which don't work in the full size grip module) whereas the others say "SIG Sauer."

It looks like a bit of sanding on the baseplates may offer the solution.

I'll do some pictures later and update with visuals.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post