SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Switching lefty to righty and DAO questions.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Switching lefty to righty and DAO questions. Login/Join 
posted
A question to the Sig gurus here.

First: I am looking at an older folded slide P228. It has the mag release for a lefty(button on the right side). Can that be switched around? Parts needed?

Second: It is DOA. Can it be switched back to the traditional DA/SA? If so what parts would be needed?

Thank you in advance.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
A question to the Sig gurus here.

First: I am looking at an older folded slide P228. It has the mag release for a lefty(button on the right side). Can that be switched around? Parts needed?

Second: It is DOA. Can it be switched back to the traditional DA/SA? If so what parts would be needed?

Thank you in advance.

First no parts will be needed to switch sides with the Magazine release if nothing is broken. However !
If I break the frame on my P228 playing with the mag release, I would change it to the right side for no cost. Is the left frame broken ? then you will need a new or good used frame, and then no parts needed.

Parts to convert from DAO to DA/SA
Hammer, and I like to use a new Sear. The DAO Sear may
have been changed to make better DAO.

Decocking Lever
Decocking Lever Spring
Decocking Lever Bearing
Easy to go to DA/SA if nothing is broken.

GaryBF's Picture

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjgiie,

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
If you do change the magazine release, be sure to reinstall the magazine catch stop EXACTLY as shown in this photo, i.e. step facing out.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post