SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Best trigger pull gauge?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best trigger pull gauge? Login/Join 
Picture of Wasabi
posted
I'm eyeballing some trigger pull gauges. What's everyone's favorite out there? I'm mainly looking at the Wheeler and Lyman electronic/digital ones. Any others to consider?

Thanks for any input.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Lyman from an Amazon warehouse deal a couple of weeks ago. I'm not real impressed. It's kinda flimsy and sometimes doesn't want to reset for the next pull like it should...I have to hit the button a bunch of times. I'm not sure if that's because it's used, or if they're just like that, but even without that issue it's not a very well-constructed product. For $20 it'll do what I need it to, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

I can't speak to the Wheeler...I'd like to hope it would be better than this thing.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. Here are the two that I'm looking at.

Lyman:
https://www.amazon.com/Lyman-7...g%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-4

Wheeler:
https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler...g%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-2

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The best? IMO:

https://www.brownells.com/guns...7000-9707-24654.aspx

Yeah, I know; no one wants the trouble of using something like that, not to mention the cost.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47408 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the input,

Yeah, I'm looking for something in that $50ish range.

I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I would be tempted to rig something up with string and weights if it was just a once in a great while event. If I had a lot of plans for working on guns I guess it'd be worth $50. I bought a site pusher and have used it twice in 10 years and wonder if that was a wise use of funds...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried most of the Trigger Pull Gauges on the market as well as owning a set of NRA-Certified weights--My two favorites are the 12-pound Recording Pull Gauge made by Chatillon for Brownell's: https://www.brownells.com/guns...-gauge-prod4985.aspx
and the previously-mentioned Lyman Digital Gauge. In my old age--Read, general LAZINESS--I have come to greatly appreciate the CONVENIENCE of the Lyman unit--YMMV, of course...

Posts: 645 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I just picked up a Lyman from an Amazon warehouse deal a couple of weeks ago. I'm not real impressed. It's kinda flimsy and sometimes doesn't want to reset for the next pull like it should...I have to hit the button a bunch of times.

Recommend you return it. IME: This is not normal. Mine doesn't behave that way.

I got mine from a highly-rated seller on eBay. Don't recall why I went that route.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post