SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Recommendation for THIN P220 wood grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendation for THIN P220 wood grips Login/Join 
posted
I’m looking for a set of THIN full checked wood grips for a P220. All I seem to find are the thicker wood grips comparable to Hogue stocks. Any recommendations for thin wood grips?

Thanks,

Rubec

Posts: 192 | Registered: June 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tonelar
posted Hide Post
following (ive never found slim wood grips before)

quote:
RIPbiker13:
...even a .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your truck.

Posts: 702 | Location: El Paso, TEXAS | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
The thinnest wood P220 grips, in my experience, were the original factory walnut grips made by Sile.
Now where you can find them is another story entirely, I'd check the auction sites.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6186 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments. I think, after some research, I’ll stick with G10 grips. Seems that any thin wood grip with curves like Sig grips suffers from warping, then cracking, no matter how long the wood has been dried. Not the same as flat grips like a 1911, CZ or Beretta. Guess that’s why they’re hard to find.

Posts: 192 | Registered: June 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tonelar
posted Hide Post
that makes sense, no wood grip i’ve tried was slimmer than the o.e. grips

quote:
RIPbiker13:
...even a .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your truck.

Posts: 702 | Location: El Paso, TEXAS | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're not set on wood...the Houge aluminum grips work good for me. I think they are thinner than wood.
RoCo has some for the 220 but not as thin as aluminum.

Posts: 68 | Location: Arizona | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post