SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P365XL sights off center
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365XL sights off center Login/Join 
posted
The sights are off center. I need to move the sights about 2" to the left.

On the 365XL do you just move the front sight, or is the rear sight still adjustable?

And yes other people have shot the gun and verified it is not just my shooting style.

Posts: 471 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
If they are truly off center, does centering them look like it would move the POI in the proper direction?

You can move either, but if only one is off center, and centering it puts you on target with POI, move that one.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6186 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess my real question and concern is the rear sight. Does it move or not? I was told that the rear sight is screwed down to the sight plate. Can anyone tell me if you can loosen the screws up and move it a little, or front sight drift only?

Posts: 471 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Ah, my mistake as I didn't recognize the fact the XL was drastically different in this regard.

Actually, and I don't have an XL but I believe you are correct, the rear sight is fixed in position under the plate. If it's off center I believe that would be a manufacturing defect and you would need to contact SIG.

Your only option for windage adjustment on an XL is to drift the front sight.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6186 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post