SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    HUGE Mistake - Mag Catch Is In Upside Down
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HUGE Mistake - Mag Catch Is In Upside Down Login/Join 
Picture of FLKev
posted
I've done the unthinkable! I knew not to do this and did it anyway. Has anyone come up with a better way to get the catch and spring out other than the feeler gauge method discussed years ago?

This is a REALLY nice X5 that I don't want to mare the finish on.

I think Bruce Gray uses a paint brush end filed to a flat point on the plastic end.

Any other suggestions or updates on the best way to get this out so I can install it correctly?

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 548 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used an X-Acto knife which can be purchased at any hobby shop or Lowes.

Just insert it on an angle between the catch and main part and straighten it up. The catch falls out.

Wish I could post a pictures here.

Posts: 85 | Location: NW of Tampa Fl | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry1834:
I have used an X-Acto knife which can be purchased at any hobby shop or Lowes.

Just insert it on an angle between the catch and main part and straighten it up. The catch falls out.

Wish I could post a pictures here.

THANK YOU! I'll give this a try Jerry1834

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 548 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post