SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P226 Frame Components - Just waiting for FedEx !
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Frame Components - Just waiting for FedEx ! Login/Join 
Picture of NMDave
posted
I am gathering parts to build a 226. I have all the components including a grayguns enhanced leverage system (ELS). As I am inventorying parts and preparing to assemble, I read that the ELS is not compatible with a standard frame (not DAK compatible). Is this true?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NMDave,

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gray Guns makes two versions of the ELS system. You should be able to get on that fits your frame.
https://grayguns.com/product/s...ced-leverage-system/

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
AHHH HAHHH... I got the wrong one. Should be a simple exchange. Thanks!

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Next question...

Decocker installed... why is lever resting low? Spring is tight, action/motion is good, return to stop is firm, bushing has typical movement but the lever does not return to the level position... even when pushed up to take bushing slack.

Video:
https://share.icloud.com/photo...WRNnB1Gw#Albuquerque

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NMDave,

Dave

avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post

Drawing of shim: https://www.mcmaster.com/98055a096

I like to use a shim under the Decocking lever. As a TEST after installing the decocking assembly
I like to press down the decocker hard which moves the Hammer backwards.
The Mainspring power pushes the Decocking lever back up into the rest position. Right now how strong is your Mainspring power that is under the hammer?

I am not sure if everything you have will work properly but when you get finished, I can send a P228 Decocking assembly and shim which will work.

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
This is my first build and am using all new components in a refinished frame. So, main spring not installed yet. The issue is the stop hits the bushing before lever hits level. I am wondering now if, with the parts being new, is there a need to fit for this frame... maybe file down the ledge of bushing where stop hits. It looks like about 1/8” would do it.

Dave

Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Dry fit complete. I did file off 1/16th from the landing on the decocker bearing/bushing. Lever lands level Cool

Now that she is all together there is an “extra” pin. Eek

The pin is in this picture along side a grip screw for size.

I purchased the internals as a kit with everything needed. Any idea what this pin is? Hopefully it found its way into the packaging by accident but when I put everything back together with my SRT sear, adjustable trigger, and G10 grips arriving Wednesday, I want to know that is the case.

Dave

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Is it a roll pin?
It appears as if it could be a sear spring pin.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47360 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Yeah!!! That is it. Frame was stripped of everything EXCEPT the sear spring pin.

Good catch and THANK YOU

Dave

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
You’re welcome. It’s good to have my store of trivial knowledge serve a useful purpose on occasion. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47360 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post