SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    1911 Trigger bar and over travel adjustment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 Trigger bar and over travel adjustment Login/Join 
posted
I received my 1911 back from Sig following AEP work. I've had disassembled and re-assembled it several times before this without any issue.

It came back drowned in a gallon of rust preventative requiring disassembled and cleaning (not exaggerating, it was literally dripping oil when removed from the plastic bag). Upon reassembly I could not put the slide in place. Forgive any tone, I just wasted an afternoon removing the irresponsible amounts of oil from places it doesn't belong and don't have a functioning gun.

The trigger bar lever for the firing pin block riders too high and even applying several pounds of downward force cant depress it enough to allow the slide to ride over it, it extends above the frame over 1/16" with heavy downforce applied.

I asked they adjust over-travel to correct the ridiculous amount of over travel and reset. Is it correct that this would in effect bring the trigger blow back and be what is preventing the lever from depressing?

Short of griding down the trigger lever, is there anything to be done without sacrificing the trigger work (taking the overtravel out to excess amounts)?

As it stands gun is not functional as I am not going to put 50lbs of force on the lever, it should go together reasonable and not require 3 hands. As it did before Sig did what ever they did to it.

Appreciate any suggestions or insight.

Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Photos might be helpful, if possible.

There are some very smart folks on this forum. I'm betting someone will be able to help you, until then, don't do anything irreversible. Good luck !

PS: Every time that I've had troubles with 1911s, it was because something wasn't assembled quite right.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Is it de-cocked?

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
Photos might be helpful, if possible.

There are some very smart folks on this forum. I'm betting someone will be able to help you, until then, don't do anything irreversible. Good luck !

PS: Every time that I've had troubles with 1911s, it was because something wasn't assembled quite right.

Trying to figure out how to attach pictures here.

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post