SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Who stocks P226 X5 9mm parts in Vegas?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who stocks P226 X5 9mm parts in Vegas? Login/Join 
posted
I'm in Ireland and parts are difficult to get.

A friend going to be in Las Vegas for a week and has kindly agreed to pick up some parts for me.

I'm looking for extractor, ejector, recoil springs and extended mag springs for a P226 X5 9mm.

Anybody able to recommend a gun store that might carry them?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rosahane,

"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose. - Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart, VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO.

Posts: 166 | Location: Ireland | Registered: December 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Depending how many days you have before your friend arrives in Vegas & how long they will be staying...

Most hotels will hold delivery packages for guests to pick-up on arrival. Call the hotel to confirm their policy on how many days ahead packages may arrive, then buy what you need for delivery to the hotel. Just be sure it is not a restricted item.

This way, you know what parts are actually going to be brought back and you're not worried about your friend making time to go to a gun store instead of all the other fun places in Vegas.

Top Gun Supply (www.TopGunSupply.com) has the best on-time delivery of the places I've bought from.

Posts: 2854 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

Depending how many days you have before your friend arrives in Vegas & how long they will be staying...

Most hotels will hold delivery packages for guests to pick-up on arrival. Call the hotel to confirm their policy on how many days ahead packages may arrive, then buy what you need for delivery to the hotel. Just be sure it is not a restricted item.

This way, you know what parts are actually going to be brought back and you're not worried about your friend making time to go to a gun store instead of all the other fun places in Vegas.

Top Gun Supply (www.TopGunSupply.com) has the best on-time delivery of the places I've bought from.

Thanks for the reply.

He's there for a work conference and will have time to visit actual stores. He will want to get some bits for himself also.

It's next week so no chance of ordering online so it has to be a physical store.

"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose. - Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart, VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO.

Posts: 166 | Location: Ireland | Registered: December 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rosahane:
...He's there for a work conference and will have time to visit actual stores. He will want to get some bits for himself also.

It's next week so no chance of ordering online so it has to be a physical store.

Because it's difficult to find Sig's Dealer list on their website, here are the Las Vegas area dealers with phone number and website if available. www.SigSauer.com/dealer-locator

#1 is a Sig Sauer Master Dealer. I think they are required to stock a certain number of products, but I'm not sure if that includes parts. Having never visited any of the stores listed below, I would expect the Master Dealer to be your best bet.

I think #2 through #6 are actual gun stores. If they don't have the part on display, your friend should ask if they have a gunsmith available or the name of a local gunsmith for Sig pistols. Try asking the gunsmith if they have parts in stock they will sell to your friend.

The listings I did not number are places on Sig's Dealer List that I would be shocked to see having any of these parts. Gun related sales for these stores are a small part of their business, but I could be wrong and I wanted you to have the full list.

Next time you are in Vegas, you have to swing by Battlefield Vegas!!!

Good Luck!

1) VENTURA MUNITIONS - Sig Sauer MASTER DEALER
5725 S VALLEY VIEW STE 1 & 2, LAS VEGAS
855-438-8626
www.VenturaMunitions.com

2) BATTLEFIELD VEGAS
2771 SAMMY DAVIS JR DR, LAS VEGAS
702-566-1000
www.BattlefieldVegas.com

3) DISCOUNT FIREARMS AND AMMO LLC
3084 S. HIGHLAND DR STE B, LAS VEGAS
702-567-1158
www.DiscountFirearmsUSA.com

4) WILD WEST GUNS LLC
5225 WYNN ROAD, LAS VEGAS
702-798-4570
www.WildWestGuns.com/

5) CONTROLLED PAIR MUNITIONS
7350 W CHEYENNE AVE SUITE 101, LAS VEGAS
702-293-7247

6) 2ND AMENDMENT GUN SHOP
4570 N RANCHO STE 4, LAS VEGAS
702-272-2510
www.2ndAmendmentGuns.com

C-A-L RANCH STORES
232 N JONES BLVD, LAS VEGAS
702-430-7002
www.CalRanch.com

BASS PRO SHOP
8200 DEAN MARTIN ROAD, LAS VEGAS
(702) 730-5200
www.BassPro.com

SPORTSMAN'S WAREHOUSE
5647 CENTENNIAL CENTERS BLVD, LAS VEGAS
(702) 474-1100
www.Sportsmans.com

BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS (7 Locations listed below)
2797 S. MARYLAND PARKWAY, LAS VEGAS
(702) 734-6664

4275 E. CHARLESTON BLVD., LAS VEGAS
(702) 641-2224

1140 S. DECATUR BLVD., LAS VEGAS
(702) 878-6100

2020 WEST CRAIG ROAD, SUITE #100, LAS VEGAS (NORTH)
(702) 647-7158

7351 W. LAKE MEAD BLVD., LAS VEGAS
(702) 240-0151

2712 NORTH GREEN VALLEY PARKWAY, HENDERSON
(702) 434-4141

3975 SOUTH BUFFALO DRIVE SUITE-103, LAS VEGAS
(702) 248-6836

www.Big5SportingGoods.com

Posts: 2854 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gosh, thanks for going to such trouble to put together such a comprehensive list.
I really appreciate it.

I can contact them in advance and find out who has parts. Shouldn’t be difficult to find as I think most of the parts are standard 226.

posted Hide Post
I'm confused because depending on model and year there are darn few X5 parts that are std. 226. And nobody is likely to have any of those in a retail location. And I've also never seen a single 226 part in a retail location near me, but I am not in a big city. I suggest you try to find what you need in stock somewhere and get it sent. This is likely a big hunt based on my experience.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm confused because depending on model and year there are darn few X5 parts that are std. 226. And nobody is likely to have any of those in a retail location. And I've also never seen a single 226 part in a retail location near me, but I am not in a big city. I suggest you try to find what you need in stock somewhere and get it sent. This is likely a big hunt based on my experience.

I live in hope Smile

Since new centre fire pistol licences were effectively banned in Ireland in 2009 and the existing licences "grandfathered" meaning that it you could, at the time show sufficient reason that you were using the firearm for target shooting you could retain the licence - but only for that specific firearm, dealers and parts don't exist here.

It's difficult to find Sig parts anymore in the EU - Germany was a good source but supply seems to be limited recently.

Since I can only have my 15 year old X5 9mm I need to source replacement parts wherever I can. Export from the best sources - the US, is increasingly problematic with most dealers refusing to go through the huge amount of work and cost in time in getting export permits for relatively low margin parts.

I appreciate that many of the X5 parts are unique to the model but some, such as mag springs and followers, ejectors, etc seem to be generic.