SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P220 triggers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 triggers Login/Join 
Picture of billinaz
posted
I have 3 P220 triggers, 2 appear exactly the same, and one while it seems to be the same size has a slightly different curve on the trigger and some voids in the rear side.

Which one came out of my gun I dont know.

I have a Sig P220 that left the factory in July 2013.

Can you guys let me know what the difference is between these?

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
At one point, I believe it was when SIG started putting stainless steel slides on P220, they changed the width of the trigger from 8mm to 10mm to match the standard triggers long used in the P226, P228, and P229. The 8mm triggers have grooves in their faces (except for the rare 8mm “short” trigger which is smooth). The 10mm triggers have smooth faces. Older 10mm triggers lacked the hollows at the rear, but that was another later modification. Why, I don’t know except I assume it saved all of 10¢ in material per MIM trigger or something equally vital.

It appears that you have two 8mm triggers for the older frames, although I can’t see for sure the grooves in one. The width, though, is the key. Although I assume your pistol uses the wider trigger, if it won’t fit in the trigger slot in the frame, then you need to use an 8mm trigger.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
At one point, I believe it was when SIG started putting stainless steel slides on P220, they changed the width of the trigger from 8mm to 10mm to match the standard triggers long used in the P226, P228, and P229. The 8mm triggers have grooves in their faces (except for the rare 8mm “short” trigger which is smooth). The 10mm triggers have smooth faces. Older 10mm triggers lacked the hollows at the rear, but that was another later modification. Why, I don’t know except I assume it saved all of 10¢ in material per MIM trigger or something equally vital.

It appears that you have two 8mm triggers for the older frames, although I can’t see for sure the grooves in one. The width, though, is the key. Although I assume your pistol uses the wider trigger, if it won’t fit in the trigger slot in the frame, then you need to use an 8mm trigger.

The 2 do have grooves and the other is smooth.

I wont have the frame back until Monday.

Guess I should look for a 10mm trigger that I can get here quickly.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Note that the 10mm trigger you pictured is the so-called "short" version.

Short and standard triggers:

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post