SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG Optical Sight Warranty Repairs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Optical Sight Warranty Repairs Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
I have a Romeo 1 Pro and I think the reticle has may have come adrift from its adjustment screws. No matter how fast/slow, gently/passionately, cursing/praying I am when trying to adjust the sights, the dot does not move. Even the cat stopped trying to catch it.

My questions for the hive are:

1. Is this a common problem?
2. If this is a common problem, is there an ingenious solution that costs nothing?
3. Did SIG fix it?
4. If the claim was rejected, please let me know the reason SIG gave. If necessary, you can email it. My eddress is in my profile.
5. How long did it take?
6. How would you rate SIG's response to your warranty claim?
7. Is there a way to determine when this sight was purchased?
The relevant parts of the Romeo 1 Pro warranty states:

quote:
We will repair or replace your SIG SAUER product in the event it becomes damaged or defective, at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

SIG SAUER® Infinite Guarantee®
• Unlimited Lifetime Guarantee
• Fully Transferable
• No Warranty Card Required
• No Receipt Required
• No Time Limit Applies
• No Charge

[I deleted some sections that weren’t applicable]

SIG SAUER® ELECTRONIC COMPONENT LIMITED 5-YEAR WARRANTY
SIG SAUER warrants that the electronic and tritium components of the enclosed product were originally manufactured free of defects in workmanship, material, and mechanical function. For a period of five (5) years from the date of manufacture, SIG SAUER agrees to correct any defect in these components by repair, adjustment, or replacement, at SIG SAUER’s option, with the same or comparable quality components (or by replacing the product at SIG SAUER’s option); provided however that a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) is first obtained by contacting SIG SAUER Customer Service, and that the product is returned unloaded and freight prepaid.

This limited warranty is null and void if the product has been misused, damaged (by accident or otherwise), damaged through failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance as described in the user’s manual, or if unauthorized repair or any alteration, including of a cosmetic nature, has been performed on the product. This limited warranty does not apply to normal cosmetic wear and tear of any parts ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY LAW, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. REPAIR, ALTERATION, OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED HEREIN IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL SIG SAUER OR ANY COMPANY AFFILIATED WITH SIG SAUER BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THIS PRODUCT, WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, OR OTHERWISE.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I can't provide any info about the issues you are having; however, I cracked the lens in a Romeo1 while trying to drift the iron sights with a punch and hammer. I told SIG customer service how it happened and they replaced it, no charge, no hassles.

IIRC, I took about a week after I mailed it to them.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Since the red dot moves with the slightest movement of the gun or your head, how can you be sure it's not moving?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Since the red dot moves with the slightest movement of the gun or your head, how can you be sure it's not moving?

I shot a group using the dot.

The bullet impact was four inches right of where the dot was viewed on the target. I note the impact was dead on for the iron sights.

Turn the adjustment accordingly.

Shoot another group.

The bullet impact was four inches right of where the dot was viewed on the target. In fact it made a ten shot group out of the first five shot group.

Shoot another group.

The bullet impact was still four inches right of where the dot was viewed on the target.

Shoot another group.

The bullet impact was four inches right of where the dot was viewed on the target.

Since the impact was also low compared to the point the dot was on, I tried elevation.

Shoot another group. Off by three inches low. Adjust. Shoot another group... you can see where this is headed.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
SIG sent me an RMA. We'll see what they say.

Nice is overrated