SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Early P228 E2 grip conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early P228 E2 grip conversion Login/Join 
posted
I would like to install an E2 grip on my early P228. I know I’ll need to use a shorter main spring (mine has the older, long spring). Will I need to change out the trigger bar return spring as well? If someone can chime-in with the part numbers, I’d certainly appreciate the help! Thank you.

Posts: 151 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: July 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
I did this about 12-13 years ago on my folded slide 228, so my memory is fuzzy. I will check what I may have on the subject and report back. I know I have a bag of the small parts I replaced, so I could probably at least post a pic of that if it will help. Not 100% sure if I have the part numbers though.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANKS! Mine has the metal mainspring retainer, and long stirrup with roll pin. The kit came with a new plastic spring retainer and stirrup (but no mainspring). So, I know I’ll need a shorter (new version) mainspring. I’m not sure about the trigger bar return spring, though.
X

Posts: 151 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: July 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I plan to replace the E2 grips on my unfired NOS P220 Carry as soon as my replacement grips and SRT kit arrive from Sig. if you need anything - including the grips themselves if they fit - let me know and I’ll send it off.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that! Much appreciated. I’ve already got at 228/229 kit that I’ll be using. The challenge for me is that my P228 is an earlier German version.
Regards,
X

posted Hide Post
I did the grip swap a while ago on my ‘88 226. Worked without a problem.

Posts: 361 | Location: Keystone State | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay, work got in the way. I did a trigger job and installed E2 grips in my West German 228. This is a picture of everything I replaced.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mutiny-
Thanks very much. That photo nails it.

posted Hide Post
Just installed an E2 grip on my 228, all the needed parts are in the kit. Mine had the short hammer spring already, but you will need to get a short one for yours. I’m sure you already finished your install by now…

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post