SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    How replace P365XL sights?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How replace P365XL sights? Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted
I got some Trijicon SG03 Bright and Toughs, went to remove my stock sights and realized there is no rear dovetail on this gun. I knew it had the removable MOS plate, but didn't know that's what held the rear sight on. Is there a replacement plate with a dovetail for installing a traditional rear Trijicon sight? I guess I will have to use these new sights on one of my P220s with dead sights. But I'd really rather have them on my P365XL.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Really feel like I'm going to have to go with a red dot system, which I had been resisting for a long time. Unless someone cuts blank plates for dovetails for very reasonable money, I don't know what other options are out there.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It never fails to amaze me when a manufacturer makes some goofy change to a gun and despite the fact that the gun is very popular few people notice it to the point of remarking about it. I have a P320 XCarry with the same type of rear sight and until you asked about it, I never thought about what I’d do to replace the rear sight when the night sight lamps die at some point in the future. Right now I like the XRay sights just fine, but a lot of people prefer other styles, so where are all the complaints? Confused

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holosun 407K/507K, Shield RMSc, and Romeo Zero all have an integrated backup rear sight notch that works fine with the standard front sight on the P365 X/XL.

If you want different iron sights I don't know of any options except changing the front sight for something else with the same height.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I put a Holosun 407 on it and it works fantastic, totally dialed in and I love it. But I really wanted to put my Bright and Toughs on this gun. The ones I have are about two yrs old and the two. other P220s I have that would take them are not anything I'm going to carry or use for home defense. Don't need still glowing night sights on them.

posted Hide Post
I came here planning to post this question. I can't understand why the rear on the XL is so different from the regular 365. The blacked-out dots don't contrast as well as with the front dot. The 365 has as superior sight picture, IMO.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post