SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    How replace P365XL sights?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How replace P365XL sights? Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted
I got some Trijicon SG03 Bright and Toughs, went to remove my stock sights and realized there is no rear dovetail on this gun. I knew it had the removable MOS plate, but didn't know that's what held the rear sight on. Is there a replacement plate with a dovetail for installing a traditional rear Trijicon sight? I guess I will have to use these new sights on one of my P220s with dead sights. But I'd really rather have them on my P365XL.

Posts: 2471 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Really feel like I'm going to have to go with a red dot system, which I had been resisting for a long time. Unless someone cuts blank plates for dovetails for very reasonable money, I don't know what other options are out there.

Posts: 2471 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It never fails to amaze me when a manufacturer makes some goofy change to a gun and despite the fact that the gun is very popular few people notice it to the point of remarking about it. I have a P320 XCarry with the same type of rear sight and until you asked about it, I never thought about what I’d do to replace the rear sight when the night sight lamps die at some point in the future. Right now I like the XRay sights just fine, but a lot of people prefer other styles, so where are all the complaints? Confused

“The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
— Bertrand Russell

Posts: 44801 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post