SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P229 Factory Spring w/yellow paint?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Factory Spring w/yellow paint? Login/Join 
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted
I recently got a new in factory sealed Sig package, Recoil Spring for 229, .40/.357.
It is the old style 3-wire braided coil spring.
It has yellow paint on the end, vs the blue paint that any other recoil springs for the P229 40/357 that I have seen or used in the past.

I will add that this was from a reputable Sig parts dealer that I have purchased many Sig products from.

I seem to recall a rumor about a special recoil spring for ICE P229 pistols Sig was using several years ago with yellow paint on them.

My apologies if I am rehashing old news, but this is the only one I've ever seen with the yellow paint.

What do you think SIGforum? Send it back or use it and forget about the color?

Posts: 782 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The internet has nothing about yellow paint in my quick search. I wouldn’t use it. Mine are blue.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Sig did have P229 yellow spring.
Listed for 40/357 ICE use only.

https://www.midwestgunworks.co.../mgwi/prod/SPRING-29

Posts: 1538 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Interesting. For steady use with hotter loads?

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47357 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I'm not positive, but I think I.C.E. was using a hot 155gr 40.

Posts: 1538 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a yellow one myself from Texas Armory. He checked and said all of the ones that he had were yellow. Package said Spring 28. Yellow should a be Spring 29. I returned it and found a blue one elsewhere.

Posts: 150 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ICE was shooting 155gr federal before switching to 180gr. I have seen yellow painted recoils and they work just fine.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post