SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig P226 Magazine Spring Replacement Source?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 Magazine Spring Replacement Source? Login/Join 
posted
I am looking for replacement magazine springs for my Sig P226 in 40 caliber with the standard 12 round capacity. The magazines are Mec-Gar made in Italy. I see that Wolff Springs offers some in standard, +5% and +10% weights. Are there any other options besides Wolff? Any opinions on getting the extra spring strengths? If so, what extra strength?
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I have never had an issue with any Wolff springs. I do get their +5% when offered and have not had any feeding issues or slide stop problems. They are my main source for mag springs & recoil springs.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered the 10 pack of Wolff, +5% strength. Also found out that I have the Double Profile Springs in my magazines.....40/357 Sig, 12 rounds. They are also used in Sig P226 9mm, 15 round magazines. They should be here in a few days hopefully.....

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
I ordered the 10 pack of Wolff, +5% strength. Also found out that I have the Double Profile Springs in my magazines.....40/357 Sig, 12 rounds. They are also used in Sig P226 9mm, 15 round magazines. They should be here in a few days hopefully.....

How to determine double profile? Are they the e2 variant?

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can order Mec Gar parts over the phone. They don't advertise it but they sell springs, base pads, locking floor plates, followers, mag tubes etc... if you call them up. You can buy each individual part and build your own mag if you like.

From an email earlier this year when I needed a replacement floor plate and insert;

Yes. Please call the number below to place your order. The floorplate is $6.95 and the locking plate is $4.95. Shipping is $3.95

Mec-Gar USA, Inc.
905 Middle Street
Middletown, CT 06457

Tel: 860-635-1525
Fax: 860-635-1712
Web: www.mec-gar.com

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by langley1911:
You can order Mec Gar parts over the phone. They don't advertise it but they sell springs, base pads, locking floor plates, followers, mag tubes etc... if you call them up. You can buy each individual part and build your own mag if you like.

From an email earlier this year when I needed a replacement floor plate and insert;

Yes. Please call the number below to place your order. The floorplate is $6.95 and the locking plate is $4.95. Shipping is $3.95

Mec-Gar USA, Inc.
905 Middle Street
Middletown, CT 06457

Tel: 860-635-1525
Fax: 860-635-1712
Web: www.mec-gar.com

For years now I have wondered about this very possibility but never seemed to make the time to research it. Excellent info and news...thanks for sharing!

Welcome to the forum! Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Yes thanks for sharing, makes sense doesn’t it?

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I love how the shipping is so cheap.

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post