SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Double diamond help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double diamond help Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted
I bought a DD connector for my Gen4 G17.

It has a larger bend angle than factory part.

Doesn't want to fit.

Am I installing it wrong.

Send back?

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please clarify which angle you're referring to.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
The angle at the joining the two large pieces.

it is much larger than 90*.

Thus forcing the outer part to touch the frame.

The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The connector serves as a disconnector spring and that angle should be >90* and should contact the frame. Will the trigger housing NOT insert into the frame? Is the connector fully inserted into the housing?

I’m not discounting the possibility of an out of spec part, just trying to understand what you have in front of you Wink

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Took it out.

Stared, cussed at it.

Put it back in, it worked.

I guess I did not insert it all the way in?

Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Profanity has helped me many times Big Grin