SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Stuck extractor pin on M&P
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stuck extractor pin on M&P Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
Gentlemen, After cleaning the extractor, I was not able to put the pin back. From the top or bottom. It is possible that I may have bent the pin. I cannot move it in either direction with a hammer or punch. I even put a few drops of lube in the hole.

Outside of beating the piss out of it, do the wisemen have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make SURE the slide is secured in a serious vise with scratch resistant jaws. Lubricants are not the answer when it is driven out as far as shown. Old school solid pin or more current roll pins, doesn't matter. I don't know IF i have observed a roll pin with that much frictional blueing loss. By the way for those that haven't noticed, the extractor has been removed. It may well be the working end of the pin (that which is yet to be liberated) is peened to hell; proper punch (solid / roll pin style), well secured in big vise, it's going to be liberated. Let us know how it goes.

Posts: 13 | Registered: January 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks sigwerkes2,

I decided to send it back to S&W. Just in case I did any further damage.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post