SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Lower parts kit - preference?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lower parts kit - preference? Login/Join 
posted
I have always used CMMG or Colt lower parts kits when assembling my AR lowers - because that's what was available. Is there a preference here amongst the more seasoned assemblers of AR lowers??

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually use the BCM lpk's as they included the PNT trigger. I have also used the CMMG kit a few times and like those as well.

I have not used anything else as I have complete confidence in those kits and the CMMG is priced much higher than some of the "bargain" brands.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The last LPK that I got was a BCM and I'll just use those from now on.
The trigger is good and it came with the Mod3 grip which I like.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the BCM kit for the already stated reasons.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1536 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with BCM, PSA, and Toms Tactical LPKs.

BCM and PSA are well known, but here's a link for Tom's Tactical: http://www.tomstactical.com/lower-parts-kits

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used BCM and Stag over the years without issue

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't use LPK's. I usually use Radian selectors, takedown pins (the captured detents are awesome), and mag release buttons, Geissele triggers, Norgon Ambi mag catches, and Colt bolt catches. For the rest of the parts (buffer detent and spring, mag spring, bolt catch plunger and spring) I buy them from the parts bin at a local shop. I find this minimizes the number of "extra parts" I have laying around.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post