SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    ISO Short Trigger for 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ISO Short Trigger for 239 Login/Join 
Picture of BoatDriver
posted
Good Afternoon All!

I’m in search of a short trigger (not the short reset kit, just the short trigger) for a 239. I’ve found them on eBay, but $150 for a trigger is a little excessive for my tastes.

I’m hoping someone has one sitting in a box of parts after buying and not installing, or installing and not liking it.

Happy to pay a reasonable fee and shipping.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BoatDriver,

Posts: 17 | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Numrich is listing short triggers for the P229.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1575890

(I pointed this out in another thread recently and it was ignored. Is there something wrong with dealing with that company?)

FWIW, when seeking to buy or trade for parts, it’s usually best to put an ad in classified.
This is the second time recently I’ve seen requests like this here for some reason, and this section gets much less traffic.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BoatDriver
posted Hide Post
Good call. I have no idea why I didn’t go there to start. I’ve ordered numerous parts from them in the past.

Now I just need the 239 trigger.

Posts: 17 | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
(I pointed this out in another thread recently and it was ignored. Is there something wrong with dealing with that company?)
Besides for the fact the guy from stevespages.com found out Numrich was downloading schematics from his page for free, and then charging for them on their website? No one else remembers that kerfuffle 2018?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
No one else remembers that kerfuffle 2018?

I, for one, don’t, and I have paid attention to such things here for a very long time.

My ignorance of course means nothing, but Numrich has been mentioned as a source of otherwise impossible to find parts for a long time as well, and I don’t recall anyone’s ever saying (before now) that they wouldn’t do business with the company because of that matter. And if I did, I might be impressed by the principles of someone who refuses to do business with them with the result of not being able to modify a gun as desired or to repair a gun to working order, but I’d also expect them to say something to that effect. Even today we sometimes hear of people refusing to buy Rugers because of old Bill’s stance on higher capacity magazines or rejecting S&W products because of the revolver lock thing, and that’s because the people expressing those views are proud of them.

I have offered suggestions and advice about countless questions and problems here and when they’re not so much as acknowledged, I’ve tended to believe that that was due to lack of simple courtesy on the part of those requesting the help. But perhaps some are just silently demonstrating their ethical principles without wanting to say so. I’ll keep that possibility in mind in the future, so thanks.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Well it was mid-2018, so it's been a minute since that stuff happened, and things have a way of getting forgotten, but there was a pretty long post in the pistols forum back then....

It's just a plain fact that Numrich is an excellent source for hard to find stuff. I can hardly fault anyone for sourcing parts from what sometimes seems to be the "only game in town", because that is often the case. If you want a functioning weapon vs. inoperable, you have to make the decision, such as it is.

edit:
here's one of the posts referencing the problem:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3950005244

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I evidently had opened that thread at least once, but perhaps either didn't notice the comment about Numrich or it was after the last time I looked. Also, although it was mentioned, it evidently didn't cause much of a stir at the time, and perhaps that's why I didn't recall it.

6.4/93.6

— Plato