SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    "Sig Arms" branded sight tool advice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Sig Arms" branded sight tool advice Login/Join 
posted
Up for consideration:
https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/900444159

I am considering buying this tool in hopes to use it for P220, P226, P228, and P229.

Is this tool designed for the models that I listed?

Are there any other specific models it is designed for?

Does anyone have pros and cons of actually using this tool?

Thanks

Posts: 158 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PHC
posted Hide Post
I had one that looked like that, also labeled Sig Arms. I bent the frame trying to remove the rear sight on a Sig M18 also a Kimber target. I replaced it with a Wheeler sight tool (I think the Wheeler is heavier duty). I used the Wheeler and had no problems replacing both rear sights. Good luck

Retired PHC USN

Posts: 33 | Registered: December 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
That tool will work just fine for the SIGs you listed. It is an earlier version of the MGW 307, made by Maryland Gun Works. If used properly, it will serve you well.

SIG sight tools frequently come up for sale in the Classifieds here, so don't bid too much. That's already a bit steep.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I've had that style in the past and it would not center over the front sight on my P226.
The slide chin length kept it off center and while it worked OK on easier sights I was afraid of braking the front sight off on a few real tight ones.
I prefer the newer style MGW 307 "Black" pushers.

Posts: 18009 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
MGW 307 "Black"

Any chance to post picture or link for the MGW 307 "black"?

I did a google search with nothing real obvious.

Seams that the MGW 307 might be discontinued.

Thanks

Posts: 158 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lot_45:
Any chance to post picture or link for the MGW 307 "black"?

I did a google search with nothing real obvious.

Seams that the MGW 307 might be discontinued.

It was discontinued a long time ago. Here's a photo. It also came in blue.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post