SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig 226 barrel fitment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 226 barrel fitment Login/Join 
posted
I have a recent production 226 in 357 Sig.Will a stock Sig 9 mm barrel fit this or do I have to get a conversion barrel?

Posts: 76 | Location: west tn | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I have no first hand experience with converting a P226, however, we have had members report that a conversion using a factory barrel will work.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an early 226 in 9mm,JJ date code,the barrel fits in my new 226 and I can hand cycle it.I just don’t want to fire it and mess something up.Just hopping for someone with more experience to chime in.Thanks.

Posts: 76 | Location: west tn | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
Go ahead and use the 9mm bbl in the .357SIG frame and see if you notice the accuracy being OK. The breach for the .357 is 0.027" wider than for the 9mm. I have shot my 9mm bbl in the .357 slide and it shoots ok. I think we need to change frames more than we need to change barrels though. The aluminum is what wears out. Buy ten frames and use the same barrel in them.

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post