SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P229 Hammer Pin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Hammer Pin Login/Join 
posted
I took the Sig armorer's course back in 2014. In my armorers manual, two pins are needed for installing a hammer. One is the hammer pivot pin, the other is the hammer pin (30), which the hammer strut pushes on. On Numrich's website, they refer to this as the 'hammer stirrup pin', and they are sold out. In Sig's Small Parts Shopper, this pin is no longer shown in the their P229 parts diagram and costumer service says they no longer sell them. I assume that Sig now machines the hammer pin into their P220/P229/P226 hammers, just like the P239's.

The old hammer pin appears to be a simple stainless steel pin. Does anyone know whether or not this is a standard size pin that can be ordered from someplace else? If so, do you have a source and a part number or spec?

Thanks,
Moffet

Posts: 8 | Registered: November 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
moffet;

TopGunSupply used to sell them as a "Hammer Strut Pin" and the TGS part number was 34221120. The SS pin specs out to .098 x .236

I would always buy them and new hammers thinking that they were needed but when the new hammers arrived they would already be installed.

You might contact TGS and ask if they have any old stock available.

Another option might be to contact Bruce@GreyGuns, I'd bet they have them available.

OK if my head isn't to rusty try McMaster-Carr, .098 x .236 converts to 3/32" x 1/4", 100 18-8 SS pins are $12.88 before shipping. McMaster-Carr part number 90145A434. They also offer other grades of SS so not sure what hardness you would need. I would think pretty hard.

Also please double check everything as my head it a bit rusty.... Smile

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Mustang-PaPa,

You were right, the armorer at Grayguns had a few he was willing to part with.

Thanks again,
Moffet

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out for you.

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post