SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Spare slide with red dot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spare slide with red dot Login/Join 
posted
My father bought a German-made P226 about 1994, and put it in his safe. He passed two years ago, and it came to stay with me, probably unfired.

I saw an advertisement at RTG for "SIG P226 9MM 4.4" RXP SLIDE ASSEMBLY $529.99
WITH ROMEO 1 PRO AND XRAY3 SUPPRESSOR
SIGHTS". I have been experimenting with 1911 Bullseye guns with tube red dots, and LTT Berettas, and I bought one of the P226 slides. My gut tells me to buy a dedicated barrel to go with it. Is there anything else I need to get to put it on the P226?

Posts: 1 | Location: Detroit.  | Registered: January 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You do not need to buy an extra barrel. The original barrel and recoil spring should work in either slide. I have an extra slide with Romeo One that I purchased about two years ago, and it readily interchanges with my West German P226(9mm) and the new P226(40S&W). Mine was purchased as a complete upper, with barrel, recoil spring, and guide rod, which speeds up the changeover by a few seconds, but I have used it with either barrel with no noticeable difference in accuracy. So now I can shoot 22LR, 9mm, 9mm w/Romeo One, 40S&W, and 357 Sig from the same gun using different barrel and slide combinations.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 366 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I for one, would like to see pics of this unfired W.German P226. Wink If 1994 vintage, it will have a 'KE' Proof/Date code on the slide.

My very first handgun was a 'KE' W.German SIG P226, and it's still my favorite pistol! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8731 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and wouldn’t shoot an unfired 94.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10958 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post