SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig 2022 40 to 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 2022 40 to 9mm Login/Join 
Picture of 9mmnut
posted
Recently purchased a 9 mm barrel for my 2022 in 40. Slide only retracts about 1/2 inch and jams. Can get loose by using an aluminum rod inserted in barrel and tapping with a hammer. Same results with reloads and factory rounds. Have tried different weight recoil springs. Any suggestions?

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The new barrel may need more clearance with the locking insert. Examine your 40 barrel and look for signs of factory fitting. Look for obvious signs of rubbing on your new barrel. Both may provide a clue as to where the interference is. I no longer own a SIGPro, so I can't provide much help.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Right, a few things may be jamming it up but still allow function test. Tolerances in the slide and barrel may have changed. Pictures from 8/2012 with my sp2340. Check the extractor for wear? This is usually a pretty benign conversion. Good luck.

40 barrel

9 barrel

Posts: 3480 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Can't see any signs of fitting. Forgot to state also has 357 barrel. Have painted the bottom of the "lug" under the barrel to see where contact is. When measuring I can't find much different between the barrels.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I doubt that the problem is with the barrel lug. It is more likely with the forward edge of the barrel hood (see photo above), Does the new barrel drop into the slide when off the frame and inverted? If not the length, it may be the depth. Any interference may only be .001 inch.

SP2022barrelfit by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Seems to drop into slide ok when inverted. Going to recheck the hood length. How can I control the depth?

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
How can I control the depth?

By stoning down the ledge at the front of the barrel hood (see red arrow in my photo).