SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    ..40 Barrel replacement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

..40 Barrel replacement Login/Join 
Picture of schrack
posted
Does any thing have to be done if you replace a Sign .40 Barrel with another Sign .40 Barrel. Is it just swap out and go? How many rings required a replacement? I can still see lands and groves. Just purchased a Police trade in. Thanks for looking.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All direct replacement Sig OEM barrels should be just a drop-in. May be some anomalies due to min-max, but rare.

Re a police trade-in. Seriously doubt there would be anything wrong with a police trade-in barrel unless it was rusted. Cops carry a lot and shoot a little, plus most agencies have an armorer.

My own 1995 P229 DA/SA .40 has over 47,000 rounds through it. Everything, including the barrel, look nicely broken-in.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
I am sure that is the case. I would like to know if you replace a sig barrel is it just a drop in with out any work from a gun smith.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes in all but the rarest cases.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a P226 in 40 S&W and found it was originally a 357 SIG, so I HAD to get a 357 barrel for it. It fit fine and shot well. So as above, unless there is an anomaly it will fit.

Posts: 35 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post