SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Refurbishing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Sig Refurbishing Login/Join 
Member
posted
I just bought a Sig 228 and 230 (alloy). It was kept in a safe without a dehumidifier and both have a lot of surface rust and some pitting. The owner was a non-gun person and didn't take care of them.

I would like them refinished and gone through. What business would you folks recommend?

thanks
 
Posts: 180 | Location: Ca, USA | Registered: March 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for just refinishing then Cummings Custom Refinishing would be a good place to start:

https://www.ccrrefinishing.com/

Or, if you want, you could send it back to Sig for an action package to go along with a factory refinish:

https://www.sigsauer.com/sig-s...ervices-and-upgrades

I've gone both routes and have been pleased with the final result from both companies.

Note: both CCR and Sig offer specials on their services sometime during the year which could save $50-$75.

Edit to add: I looked at the relevant Sig packages and didn't see refinishing specifically stated but my pistol did get a new finish when I sent it in. It's been a while so I don't know if anything has changed so a call to Sig about what you want and what they will do would be good to avoid any assumptions and possible disappointment.




 
Posts: 5303 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks....I'll give Sig a call Monday.
 
Posts: 180 | Location: Ca, USA | Registered: March 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Talk to CCR. They are second to no one on finishes and they can also do the tune up on them as well.

https://www.ccrrefinishing.com/
 
Posts: 18757 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
A BIG ++++1 for CCR.
 
Posts: 2046 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Refurbishing

© SIGforum 2026