SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    226 SRT trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 SRT trigger Login/Join 
posted
I love my 226 Enhanced Elite 9mm. I'm not so fond of the Short reset trigger! I gave it a chance(2yrs), still prefer normal DA/SA trigger. Is it a big job swapping out SRT for Regular 226 trigger? Thanks

Posts: 72 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it a big job swapping out SRT for Regular 226 trigger?

No, it's not. Please assure us that you are not confusing SIG's short reset trigger with the short reach (thin) trigger. Either way it is not brain surgery, but require different parts.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're referencing the physical trigger (Standard vs. Short reach (thin), there are a number of videos and instructions available. It's not difficult, you just have to understand the procedure. If you decide to replace the physical trigger, many SF members have done it before and can guide you.

I have used the Sig Standard Reach and Short Reach triggers in my P226. Hated the Short.

Currently use the GrayGuns P-SAIT triggers in my classic P-series. It splits the distance between the two Sig triggers. Also, the trigger face is superior and results in less lateral displacement during the trigger press.

Two flavors (curved & flat):

https://grayguns.com/product/p...ntermediate-trigger/

https://grayguns.com/product/p...le-straight-trigger/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 226 Enhanced Elite is BOTH, Short Reach AND Short Reset Trigger from Factory. Does this change anything, swapping to regular DA/SA trigger?

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
No, but we are still unclear on which you really mean. If you want to swap out the short reset as you originally posted, you will need a new DA/SA safety lever and sear. You may be able to get by with the sear you have now-let's see what the others say.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just trying to eliminate Short Reset feature, if it means eliminating Short Reach Trigger, so be it, no love lost for that part either!

posted Hide Post
Just curious what it is that do not like about the Short Reset? I have both the standard and a newer Sig with the short reset trigger which I much prefer. When I first got the Sig with the Short reset trigger it had just a slight creep in the trigger, but after firing a number of rounds this improved to the point that the creep, if any is not evident.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, we're still confused.

Short Reach Trigger is the physical trigger you press to make gun go bang. Sig OEM Standard Trigger and GrayGuns P-SAIT triggers are also available, as are some from other manufacturers.

SRT (Short Reset Trigger) is NOT a trigger. The kit consists of a new sear and safety lever. The EFFECT of the kit is to provide a shorter reset distance for the physical trigger. Doesn't have to go as far forward to reset trigger and fire subsequent SA shots. Has nothing to do with the DA.

There is NO connection between the two. You can install either one or both. Blame Sig for the confusing nomenclature. Please provide a description of what you are unhappy with after reading this.

Short Trigger/AKA Short REACH Trigger:
http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...t-trigger-black.html

SRT (Short RESET Trigger) kit:
http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...-p228-p229-p227.html

Personally, on a SD gun, it makes no difference to me whether it has a SRT or non-SRT installed. I have one with SRT and the others don't. IMO, trigger fundamentals are more important. For some shooters. it's a must have.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
It is clear to me. He wants to eliminate the short reset. The question is does he need a new sear or will his current sear with the protruding leg work with the new safety lever?

http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...226-228-229-239.html

posted Hide Post
I would assume the SRT sear would not work with the standard safety lever, and also assume it the sear that's actually making the reset shorter. I may be able to be convinced to do a swap, as I got a police turn-in P226 recently that I haven't put an SRT in.

OP: if interested in a used standard sear/safety lever, my email should be in my profile.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post