Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SRT kits Login/Join 
Picture of Makoman
posted
Been Sigless for many years (sacriligious I know). I was kind of shocked that my login info still works.

Anyway, I just purchased a 220 and am about to order an SRT kit for it. I was just wondering if the kits for sale on ebay are legit. Price and shipping wise I'm not saving anything over buying off of ebay vs from Sig Sauer, but I noticed the ones available on ebay also include a sear spring. Is this just an older kit compared to the ones being sold directly by Sig ?

Posts: 206 | Location: Democratik Peoples Republik of Kommiefornia | Registered: January 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
None of the SRT kits I've ever installed included a sear spring. They were both P220 kits (one installed in a P245, the other in a P225). They came with a sear, safety lever, and decocking lever. I believe the other kit for the P226/P229 includes just a sear and safety lever, no spring or decocking lever. Do you have a link to what you are seeing on ebay?

Posts: 8389 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Can’t speak to what’s available on eBay, but I did buy the SRT kits available from Grayguns and they do come with two 19lb mainsprings. I am extremely satisfied with the results in the two guns that I have converted.

Posts: 2929 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Makoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
None of the SRT kits I've ever installed included a sear spring. They were both P220 kits (one installed in a P245, the other in a P225). They came with a sear, safety lever, and decocking lever. I believe the other kit for the P226/P229 includes just a sear and safety lever, no spring or decocking lever. Do you have a link to what you are seeing on ebay?

This is the kit that I saw:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18466...7Ctkp%3ABFBMtJfDkaZf

It looks like it might come as loose pieces. I didnt catch that before.

This one is on ebay as well, but for the price might as well just order directly from Sig .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26538...2:g:J8IAAOSwzJVhfR15

Posts: 206 | Location: Democratik Peoples Republik of Kommiefornia | Registered: January 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Buy the Gray Guns SRT kits. Better made and nickel-teflon coated too. Much better than OEM. And BTW, the kits on e-bay are probably OEM if that's what you want. Having experience with bot, I'd go with the Gray Guns SRTs.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First the disclaimer, I'm all about buying things of eBay, particularly to save a buck buying slightly used vs new.

Second part, you want to trust your life to the parts off eBay when you can get the same thing from a reputable dealer for the same price. Brownells, topgun, just to name a few. Don't forget black Friday is this week, someone is bound to have a sale. I'm not saying the ebay ones are inferior or counterfeit, however, why risk it.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Armory Craft as well.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
The prices on those eBay kits are actually more than just buying the kit direct from Sig. And if you buy it from Sig, you know what you're getting. Looks like they have it in stock right now...I'd just buy it from Sig.

https://www.sigsauer.com/short...-parts-kit-p220.html

I have no personal experience with the Grayguns kits, but based on reputation alone I'm sure they're excellent. Looks like they are a bit more expensive, but if you're ok with that I'm sure that would be a solid option as well.

Posts: 8389 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
I would suggest looking at the SRT from Armory Craft they are coated in Nickel Boron Nitride

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm another Grayguns happy customer. Theirkit smoothed out my 229 nicely.

Posts: 4538 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post