SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P229 Extended Slide Release and Magwell
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Extended Slide Release and Magwell Login/Join 
posted
I have a P229 Legion SAO RXP. Have shot it in a couple “informal” IDPA matches. Love the pistol. It is accurate and quick. Two problems that I have to work around. First is I cannot reach the slide release because of the SAO safety. Have to pull slide back at mag changes. Does anyone sell an extended slide stop? Or has anyone modified OEM stop. Help would be appreciated.
Second is lack of magwell. Has anyone seen magwell for sale? Even a set of extended grip panels similar to P226 Tacop would be great.
Thanks for any input.

Posts: 125 | Registered: May 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4sigman
posted Hide Post
Have you tried using your other thumb to hit the slide stop?

Posts: 273 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: April 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses.

Have you tried the magwell? How rigid would it be only being held on with pockets in the grips?

I have not tried using slide release with left hand. Will give that a try.
If I cannot find and extended release, I might try to make one myself. Purchase another factory release and weld a small rod in center of tap to extend back far enough to reach it over the top of the safety lever.

Posts: 125 | Registered: May 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post