SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG Armorer tools
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Armorer tools Login/Join 
Picture of pointman73
posted
I recently completed the P320 and Classic series armorer course and need to find a few more tools. I definitely need the E2 Slide tool. The screwdriver seems a bit pricy and the only tips I would need would be the one with the extractor tip and mag catch tip, unless there are sound alternatives.

Does anyone have any suppliers for these tools without the usual retail pricing?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Although I have one of the original SIG armorer tools, I substituted my own creations long ago. The below photo shows magnetic holder bits that I use for various purposes. All but the lower right are Brownells Magna-Tips.

At upper left is a thin slotted screwdriver tip that I polished and modified with a Dremel cutoff wheel that’s used for Classic series magazine catches.
At upper right is a similar tip that I polished and modified to use with sear springs.
At lower left is a thicker, more robust tip that I use to remove plastic mainspring seats.
At lower right is a non-Brownells tip that I polished and use to remove short Classic series extractors.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I haven't found a substitute for the SIG Classic grip screw tip.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
I haven't found a substitute for the SIG Classic grip screw tip.

I forget about that, and I agree. I do still use the SIG tool for that purpose even though there is a Brownells tip that is pretty close except for the curved end.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I have a screwdriver with multiple two-sided bits that includes some spanner bits I use for sear springs and such. They don't seem to offer it anymore, but Home Depot has a set of magnetic security driver bits for $20 that has all the bits I have and more, plus they fit regular magnetic tip drivers:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kl...7Fgd4CFUy-TwodrqAHBA

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post