SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P229 Frame Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Frame Question Login/Join 
posted
I've recently purchased a couple of P229 frames off of GB that appear to perhaps be police trades. They are in excellent condition and mated well with a couple of uppers I previously owned. I installed the SRT in each frame and noticed in one of them there appeared something similar to a shim on the right side of the frame held in place by the sear pivot pin. It slides into a small grove and appears to become an inner part of the frame rail, and is necessary to keep the safety lever, sear and sear spring in tight alignment. The frame in question is an older German frame with an AE2XXXX serial number and is DA/SA. I've not seen this on any of my other Sigs, and wanted to know if this sounds like something anyone has any experience with. Sorry, don't have any pics to upload yet.

Posts: 34 | Location: Eastern N.C. | Registered: November 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Some police frames had a magazine disconnect, could that be one?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post