SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Date this stock?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Date this stock? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone know what date this stamp is from?

Posts: 4 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: September 10, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ima say July 2002?

Posts: 152 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
February 2002. Which 55X?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cool. I didn't know if the "2" meant February or 2002... still not sure how to tell the month.

Posts: 4 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: September 10, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
The “2” represents the year/2002.
The clock ring has “12” positions on it.
Outside the date ring at the bottom is a “line/mark” which is at position “6” of the clock.
1=January
2=Feb
3=Mar
4=Apr
5=May
6=June
Etc.

Which gives you 2002/June. Didls gave this answer.

MDS gave February/2002. Not sure what he read but the tip of the second mark on the clock looks different then the others so he may have read that as different and making it read February/2002.

Perhaps he can respond and tell us what he is seeing.

I am not familiar with the Weidmann mfg date clock. The old Sig grip date clock used two numbers inside the clock which gave you the year with an arrow pointing up between the numbers and the point of the arrow would point to a number 1-12 giving you the month. Lots easier to read then yours.

I am also uninformed what the Weidmann is. Guessing from MDS comment of “55X” that its something plastic on an Sig 55X family.

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yep. its for the 55X family. I am familiar with the numbers and arrow date stamping. I guess that "standard" is newer than this stock. never thought the mark below the dial would be the month indicator. makes sense now I guess.

thanks for all the info guys!

DS

posted Hide Post
on closer inspection, there seems to be a mark on the 2 o clock hash. assuming Jan is 1 o clock, I guess that does make this a Feb 2002?

DS

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I think the 2 o'clock is the month. That new picture shows it a lot better.

I could see something in your first one but wasn't sure.

Its really clear and I would agree/guess its Feb-2002.

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post