SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Reversing the mag releasing on G17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reversing the mag releasing on G17 Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted
Is there a trick to this?

I watched the utube video but I can't exert enough

pressure to release the spring rod.

It is a Gen4, G19.

Thanks.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need a dentist hook or the special tool. If you use a screwdriver you can sort of pry it out but you bugger up the inside of the gun pretty good.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Need a dentist hook or the special tool. If you use a screwdriver you can sort of pry it out but you bugger up the inside of the gun pretty good.

utube uses a screwdriver.

Spring rod looks weak in video

The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
Is there a trick to this?

You just have to push the spring far enough so that it reaches the notch in the mag catch. I usually just use a thin screwdriver, although I have a screwdriver with a small notch ground into the tip that works well too.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Stuck with it and got it!

Now I need Gen 4 or 5 mags

for it to work left handed!

posted Hide Post
My recommendation has always been for you wrong-handed folks to leave the mag catch on the left side of the pistol unless all your other pistols have been reversed. It’s pretty easy to operate the catch with your trigger finger.

Carry on Big Grin

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
leave the mag catch on the left side of the pistol

Yeah! It’s only us right-handed (and right-thinking) folks who must always switch the magazine catch to the right side to operate it properly with our index finger. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
Now I need Gen 4 or 5 mags

for it to work left handed!

I can help you w/ G19 Gen 4/5 mags. Email me.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post