SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    W.German P226 Hammer won’t cock & lock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

W.German P226 Hammer won’t cock & lock Login/Join 
posted
Hi,
I have a W.German P226, I was wondering why it won’t cock & lock. I slide the rack back, the hammer just follows forward. Is this specific to this one? Or is something amiss? It seem to shoot okay.
Thanks for any advice,
DJ

Posts: 2 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 12, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It isn’t a double action only model, is it?

Some additional information might be useful. Is it new to you, how long have you had it, did it function properly before, can you post a picture of it?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My assumption is that it is a DAK or DAO pistol. Is there a decocker on the left side as you look forward? And yes, pics would help immensely.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post