SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG P229C Carry 40S&W: PN for 357SIG Barrel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P229C Carry 40S&W: PN for 357SIG Barrel? Login/Join 
posted
Recently acquired the P229 Comapact (Carry) in 40 S&W and would like to buy a 357SIG barrel. It seems the only ones I’ve been able to locate are 3.9 inches (standard length) - this pistol has a 3.5 inch barrel length. Anyone else out there found the magic number?
Thanks!
XAVMECH

Posts: 151 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: July 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I don't know the number but what you need is a P224 barrel to fit the P229C. They're near impossible to find anymore.

Quick search...here's one on GB but they're certainly proud of it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/897788691

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Good starting point. And yes, that one’s obviously made of something special :-)

Posts: 151 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: July 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the info. I was finally able to locate a new in package 224-357 bbl today and it’s on the way. I even found some ammo out there - imagine that!
So appreciate you folks here on the Forum!

Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Awesome...double score!

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post