SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P210 Maintenance/Help
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Maintenance/Help Login/Join 
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
That is a tough shot, small and dark! Compare your extractor claw with my photo. Yours appears as if the tip of the claw is gone. Perhaps it is just your photo. Is there a buildup of crud under the claw?

P210ExtractorClaw by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the best picture I can get. I think the claw is worn down but the ones I have seen on gunbroker and ebay do not appear to be any better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NOVA_SigGuy,

Posts: 18 | Registered: August 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Here are my thoughts:
Extraction: I have no way to judge if your extractor is worn or damaged. I have only seen one P210-mine. Make sure yours is clean and not clogged with dirt. Post a "Want to Buy" in the classifieds for a new one. We have a few guys here who have a stash of parts. Perhaps a good gunsmith like Bruce Gray could fix yours, if needed. Or live with it.

Stovepiping: Keep trying other brands/weights of ammunition. Try some 124gr or 147gr. Or live with it. If yours is a range gun, these things are annoyances, but not life threatening. Remember, you bought an old, used gun.

Standby and see if anyone else has opinions/comments.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good ideas! I am going to punch out the pin tonight and clean the extractor thoroughly and inspect it for wear. If it is in fact worn out I will post in the WTB section and speak to Bruce. I have several feelers out right now for new parts but no luck as of yet.
As for living with a gun that cannot get through a magazine without a failure, I don't think I will live with that :-)

posted Hide Post

Here is the extractor. I am not entirely sure that it is bad; however, I have sourced a new old stock extractor and spring which I have ordered. Hopefully that solves the issue.