SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    What Strength (Color) Loctite For Glock Front Sights?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Strength (Color) Loctite For Glock Front Sights? Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
What is the preferred strength of Loctite for the Glock front sight screw? I just installed my Trijicon Bright and Tough™ front using medium strength (blue) Loctite, though some sources indicate the stronger red Loctite is a better choice. I always considered the red to be "permanent". What say the Glock folks? Thanks!

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Purple is good stuff. Read the specs and recommended uses to see if its what you want.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use blue although purple might suffice.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I've have used blue coming loose so I only use red loctite on Glocks now. There is not much screw depth so I want it to stay.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Red on the fronts. I lost a tritium front once installed by a gunsmith, so now Red only. Easy to put heat on that little screw if you ever have to remove it.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
I typically use blue loctite 248 (less messy); though back in the early 80's I used red loctite on the front sight of my Ruger Gov't Model .22 and it's been like that until I decided I needed a fiber optic front sight due to my aging eyes.

I took the barrel and placed it in my freezer overnight, next day I took a brass punch and tapped the screw head a few times and that broke the 30+ year old seal allowing me to update the front sight Big Grin

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use red. I've never had a problem removing them with the Glock front sight nut driver.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post