SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Trigger pull on a P225
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger pull on a P225 Login/Join 
posted
I'm wondering if I change the hammer spring to a lighter rated spring will that help lower the trigger pull on my P225.

Also can I swap out the old style hammer spring arrangement for the newer plastic parts? Working with that little pin seems daunting.

Sigs, Glocks and a couple others

Posts: 202 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Installing a lighter mainspring will reduce the trigger pull weight somewhat, however, the reduction is not dramatic, in my experience. But every little bit helps. Be sure to test for light strikes before you go into battle.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Wolff Gunsprings offers hammer springs for the old style and the plastic based struts. As I recall, I put an 18 pound spring in mine, which has the old style base. It makes the trigger lighter and 100% reliable.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, ordered new style E2 hammer spring setup with a 19 pound wolf spring. Will install this weekend and try it out.

Sigs, Glocks and a couple others

Posts: 202 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
Timely thread for me, and I hope nobody minds the slight drift...

What's the best trick for reinstalling a mainspring on these guns? What's this "fishing line" trick that some guys mention?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 474 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post