SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    .40 cal 229 with legacy slide question about conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.40 cal 229 with legacy slide question about conversion Login/Join 
posted
I have an older, railed, 229 in .40 with legacy slide. My understanding is that I can convert to 9mm with a p229-1 barrel and an appropriate 9mm slide. Does anyone know what the appropriate slide would be?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sulla123,

Posts: 11 | Registered: July 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
229-1 slides will have a long extractor and full height serrations on the rear.
229-1 and .40 slides use the same locking insert.

Osage County has 229 Legion slides for $279 on gunbroker and there are slides with the Romeo1P also.

Then a 229-1 barrel, guide rod and spring to flesh it out.
9mm does work in a .40 mag but I would get 229-1 mags if you are going to put it to work.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much!

Posts: 11 | Registered: July 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 229 40 with Legacy slide has short serrations and short extractor. I went with a EFK 9 conversion barrel

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have BarSto 40 to 9 conversion barrels in both of my 40 cal. 229's and they have run flawlessly.
Then you do not need to buy a new slide.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you run the Barsto 9mm conversion with the 40 mags???

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Don't know about 229 - but my 239 has a BarSto conversion barrel and runs with either .40 or 9mm mags. (.40 SAS DAK with 9mm conversion barrel)

I bought the 9mm springs and such when I bought the barrel, but it runs fine with the original .40 springs and such. All I have to do is swap the barrel.

I don't use the 9mm for carry though - just practice.
When I carry it, it's all original .40 equipment.

the BarSto I bought needed a small amount of fitting and I used the BarSto video and the video from Chris O. to figure out where I needed to remove the slight amount of metal from in order to get full fitting and function. I went very slow to make sure I wasn't screwing up the barrel, but the videos were specific enough that I didn't feel worried about doing it wrong.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post