SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    E2 Grip with existing SRT?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E2 Grip with existing SRT? Login/Join 
Picture of RedV
posted
2011 Sig 220 that already has an SRT. Will the installation of the E2 grip affect the existing SRT?

Thanks.

“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.” -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers.

Posts: 23 | Location: Gulf Coast Region  | Registered: October 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
The short reset trigger (SRT) will work with E2 grips. What matters is the main spring strut. A picture of your strut would help.
You need the E2 strut with the small plastic spring seat if you don't have one.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedV
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Thanks. I have not begun the project, yet.

“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.” -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers.

Posts: 23 | Location: Gulf Coast Region  | Registered: October 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am interested in the purchase of the "New Style", strut, as I do not like the E2 set up and would like to change.

Posts: 8 | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rkguy88:
I am interested in the purchase of the "New Style", strut, as I do not like the E2 set up and would like to change.

Hmmm.

My understanding is that any pistol with the E2 grips already on it has the 'new style strut'.

I also believe it is compatible with the older grips- but the reverse isn't true.

So- what do you want to do? Change the strut AND grip, or just the grip?

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The New Style strut is the short strut, long base.

The E2 strut is the long strut, short base.

The New style has been discontinued for a while so finding a vendor that has it and the base may be a problem.
Best bet is to go to the classifieds and post a WTB.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rkguy88:

I see you've asked about this in a few threads.
You would get a better response by starting your own post with what you have and what you are looking for.

You stated that you have a P220
Hammer strut 6 is a new style but for the 226 and 229.

For P220, strut 7 is the E2 style and strut 4 is the New style.
You will need the long base for the New Style.
https://www.midwestgunworks.co.../prod/HAMMER-STRUT-4

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post