SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Slide needs a lot of force to reinstall on MK25 after GG SRT Kit Install
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slide needs a lot of force to reinstall on MK25 after GG SRT Kit Install Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have this issue? I have a factory SRT on my German 226 where this doesn’t occur.

The German slide will slide easily on the MK25 frame, and the MK25 slide will slide easily on the German frame.

The MK25 slide will not slide easily on the MK25 frame, and I have to decock the pistol to even have a chance at installing the slide.

I’ve installed a GG SRT, a PSAIT trigger, and a GG hammer strut.

Thanks!

Posts: 361 | Location: Keystone State | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
I think The New Safety lever on the GG SRT kit is sticking up just a slight bit. When I installed a Cylinder and Slide safety lever, I had to sand a little bit
of metal off the tip of that safety lever to get the slide on. You were right to decock.

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called Gray Guns, and they sent me a factory length safety lever in nickel which solved the problem.

Thanks for the responses!

Posts: 361 | Location: Keystone State | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
Just to add, I had exactly the same problem as the OP with a P229 (with a factory trigger) and the GGI SRT Kit. I didn't try to force the slide on but with the original GGI kit parts the slide stopped with about half an inch of 'travel' left. With a factory SRT kit the slide to fit correctly.

Grayguns sent me a safety lever with a slightly different profile and it works fine.

Posts: 4074 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post