SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Removal of mag disconnect on a SIG226

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Removal of mag disconnect on a SIG226 Login/Join 
posted
Are there any pictures out there, on the removal of the mag disconnect on a SIG 226 (cal version)I don't understand why this is on my gun, when the other 49 states don't have it on their 226's

Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
it s real simple job.

Take out the locking insert and knock out the pin holding the MD spring in. The pin is shaped kind of like a nail (it has a flat head on it) so there is only one direction to go. If I remember correctly, it is 1/32. The pin will be VERY tight and will require a lot of force. Just reinstall the locking insert and you are good to go.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by docent:
Are there any pictures out there, on the removal of the mag disconnect on a SIG 226 (cal version)...

Hi Mike, Welcome to the SigForum! Please check your RoadRunner email box.

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Report This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
re installing the locking block can be frustrating.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.