SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    These Flat Triggers on the Legion and such.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

These Flat Triggers on the Legion and such. Login/Join 
Picture of cyberphobia
posted
I assume the only thing these Adjustable Flat Triggers do is take up the slack on the Trigger bar??

Not really worth buying for Plods like me that shoot steel and the occasional IDP match.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2250 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well, that all depends...

The Flat Trigger is designed to release at 90 degrees, and 'can' change/lighten the perceived trigger pull due to increased leverage if the trigger finger is placed low on the trigger shoe face. And, not all Adjustable triggers are straight if that's what you're after.

Some really like the Flat/Straight Trigger and claim it's a 'must have' mod....I'm still experimenting with it on a couple of P320's but it's worth is definitely varies by user preference.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8731 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What the adjustable trigger does, flat or curved, is limit overtravel, which does at least two things; it reduces the distance the trigger travels past the break and any subsequent frame movement, and it reduces the time to reset. Combined, it allows faster follow-up shots, and makes for a nicer trigger.

I have flat triggers on all my P320's, and P365's. I like them. I don't know if it's a must-have, but I put them on because I prefer them.

Not all the flat triggers stop at 90 degrees; I'm not sure why that's a magic value, but the adjustable value isn't so much in whether the trigger stops exactly vertically, but in how far it travels after the striker is released. Any further than necessary is wasted distance, and the finger and trigger traveling aft without any purpose. Any farther than necessary, can result in a slight jerk on the trigger as it releases, free travels, then it's the stop. Minimizing this distance can aid in trigger control and accuracy.

I wouldn't put it in a carry pistol, but the grayguns competition trigger makes for a very nice P320 trigger. If one doesn't want to go with their sear, lighter springs, etc, their flat adjustable trigger is a very nice upgrade, too. Don't forget to locktight the set screws.

The fat guide rod is a nice addition, too. To me, it changes the way the pistol feels when it cycles. It feels smoother. Plus it allows the use of a number of aftermarket springs, to tune the spring to your ammunition (or visa versa).

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
What the adjustable trigger does, flat or curved, is limit overtravel, which does at least two things; it reduces the distance the trigger travels past the break and any subsequent frame movement, and it reduces the time to reset. Combined, it allows faster follow-up shots, and makes for a nicer trigger.

I have flat triggers on all my P320's, and P365's. I like them. I don't know if it's a must-have, but I put them on because I prefer them

I too wouldn’t call it a must have, but my preference is a GGI trigger. I’ve done them on my X5 Legion, CW FCU, 365 as well as my son’s X5 Legion and his 365. To me it is about efficiency of movement which allows me to operate the gun predictably fast and accurately.

Posts: 2923 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies I had my 226SAO apart for a deep clean and why I don't know I was watching a vid about the triggers as I was watching I noticed the slop in the trigger bar and assumed that is what was taken up, the slop on the trigger bar.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2250 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know exactly what it is, but I can tell you that adding the flat legion trigger to my p227 literally transformed it. I wasn't expecting much, but it was night and day. I am now going to put them on my other Sigs.

Posts: 11 | Registered: July 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here. I am in the process of putting them on all my carry guns.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post