Notify
Tools

P365 Login/Join 
posted
My P365 slide lock will not push up I can’t get the slide to stay open

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 27, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bdavis
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. When you say won't push up do you mean when the slide is forward or when the slide is back and the slide catch can move upward into the corresponding notch in the slide?

Have you inserted an empty magazine into the pistol and pulled the slide back to see if the catch will engage?

Thanks

Good luck

Posts: 4128 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I try to rack the slide back the slide catch will not lock the slide with or without a clip.

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 27, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The slide shouldn’t lock to the rear if you just pull it back without a magazine. Did you try to push up on the slide catch lever when doing that? Does the slide lock back on an empty magazine when you fire the gun?

If the slide does not lock back when you cycle it manually, and especially when you push up on the catch, but does lock back on an empty mag when you fire it, I suspect you’re simply not pulling the slide far enough to the rear for the catch to engage the intercept notch. I find that I must use significant effort to pull my P365 slide back by hand to lock open.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tonelar
posted Hide Post
can you field strip your 365? maybe post a pic

quote:
RIPbiker13:
...even a .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your truck.

Posts: 702 | Location: El Paso, TEXAS | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post