SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Mk 25 P226 Threaded barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mk 25 P226 Threaded barrel Login/Join 
posted
What's the best way to adapt a RHT Suppressor to the LHT on the Mk 25 barrel? Looking for recommendations on an adapter.
Thanks.

Tim

Posts: 5 | Location: Lake Isabella, CA | Registered: March 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used hughesprecision for adapters and they should have what you need. But me personally I'd find a piston with the correct threads.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11004 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Agreed, finding the correct piston is the best bet.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have multiple pistons and will agree with the previous 2 posters that recommend the same.

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, thanks a lot for the reply and the recommendation. My only other issue is where would I find one of those with left-hand threads? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Tim

Posts: 5 | Location: Lake Isabella, CA | Registered: March 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help. I'm still looking for one that has LHT. Any ideas? Thanks.

Tim

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
There are only two correct ways; the best/cheapest is to buy the correct thread pitch booster for your suppressor. The other is to swap out the barrel for an aftermarket RH thread barrel.

What suppressor do you have?

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for you help.

Tim

posted Hide Post
quote:
My only other issue is where would I find one of those with left-hand threads?

what suppressor are we talking. Almost everyone offers M13.5x1LH threads.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I received the attachment as a gift. It came with RHT so I searched for an adapter. Thanks again,
Tim

Tim

posted Hide Post
Again trying to help. One cannot get a suppressor as a gift. So what attachment are we talking about? More specifically what device exactly are you trying to get on this pistol.