SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P365---play between grip and firing unit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365---play between grip and firing unit Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
While cleaning my P365 after a range session today, I noticed when I was wiping down the rails that there is some play between the grip frame and the fire control unit. The receiver pin that holds those two things together is intact.

Is there normally some play there and I just haven't noticed, or is there a problem? I did have a problem with accuracy today, which is unusual.

I also have a call in to Robert Burke, but wanted to see what other members have experienced.

Thanks!

Posts: 4491 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Yes, on all three of mine. Most noticeable on trigger take up I felt rocking of the FCU. WC grip module has better fit.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It should be noted that the holes in the FCU for the receiver pin are OVAL shaped by design, which allows the FCU to slide forward and rearward about 0.010". You can feel the FCU slide rearward while you are squeezing the trigger as the trigger bar linkage contacts the sear. While it may not be desirable, this is normal. I'm guessing that this is to accommodate production part tolerances so that the parts do not require hand fitting. There are several ways that you could reduce or eliminate this play if it bothers you. Many, if not most people don't even notice this play unless you point it out to them.

Posts: 34 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: August 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...170070394#7170070394

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8760 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post