SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P239 Slide Lock Issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 Slide Lock Issue Login/Join 
posted
Hi forum family!

Im hoping someone might have some advice regarding an issue I am having with my P239 in 40S&W.

The handgun fires amazingly well, however the slide will not lock back after the last round is fired. I have checked the mags by pulling the slide rearward with an empty mag inserted, and the slide will lock. Unfortunately, it will not do it when shooting - this happens with all shooters, not just myself.

Am I missing something? Could it be a recoil spring, perhaps? Thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for the advice!!! Cool

Posts: 22 | Location: Northern Virginia/ The District | Registered: February 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
If it's not your thumb placement, then it may be the ammunition. If it locks back on an empty magazine, but not when firing, then that tells me the slide is not coming back far enough. You should be using a blue flat coil recoil spring.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In case you haven't seen the sticky:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...50601935/m/749101723

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents, I appreciate the advice!

Cheers! Cool

Posts: 22 | Location: Northern Virginia/ The District | Registered: February 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. The sticky cited above is an excellent thread that should help you. If not come back and ask here.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
Welcome to the forum. The sticky cited above is an excellent thread that should help you. If not come back and ask here.

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it. Smile