SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Wilson Combat P320 Compact Grip Module for .40/.357sig
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Combat P320 Compact Grip Module for .40/.357sig Login/Join 
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted
I am considering the purchase of one of these for my P 320 Compact .357sig.I have read some reviews that the Wilson grip seems to fit the hand of most people much better than the factory grip.What does the SIGforum brain trust think about this switch?

Also, do the new style Sig .40/.357 mags with Sig in a circle on the bottom fit the Wilson Combat grip module without carving on them?

Posts: 783 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have Wilson Combat grip modules on most* of my P320s, including the 357/40 models.

I prefer the feel of the WC modules for several reasons. They are about 1/10 inch thinner in width than the factory modules. Their gripping textures are more pronounced without being too aggressive. They have an undercut just below the trigger guard for the middle finger.

In addition, the trigger guard lacks the ridiculous hook and grooves of the factory module; that’s just esthetics, of course, but what’s the use of carrying a good gun if it makes one look mentally defective? ( Wink )

If the magazine floor plates you refer to are the ones that use the magazine inserts with the rectangular retention studs (rather than the round studs), they work fine with the WC modules without any modification.

* In the interest of full disclosure, I should add that my Wilson Combat grip modules are for full size and Carry P320 pistols. I have an XCompact, but it still has the factory module. I doubt, however, that the WC modules for the Compact are configured any differently for the magazines. The XCompact magazines use the same base plates as other P320 mags.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jgerge222:
I have read some reviews that the Wilson grip seems to fit the hand of most people much better than the factory grip.What does the SIGforum brain trust think about this switch?

I won a Wilson Combat (WC) module at a match a while back and gave it a try.

It does feel pretty good in the hand as it is rounded as opposed to the more squared off feel on the X-frames. The WC module is based on the SIG (Small) grip frame...most folks are more familiar with the Medium grip frame. The nice touches are the undercut behind the trigger guard, the texturing is very WC feeling, and the nicely flared magazine well.

I prefer the SIG X-frame as it indexes better for me on the draw

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I do think the Wilson Grip is more pleasing to the eye. I guess for $67 I should just order one and try it, see if it works for me.
Will installing the Sig P320 Compact FCU in the Wilson Combat Grip Module cause Sig warranty issues?
Thanks for the helpful info SIGforumites !

Posts: 783 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jgerge222:
Will installing the Sig P320 Compact FCU in the Wilson Combat Grip Module cause Sig warranty issues?

I doubt that anyone who doesn’t have first hand experience with the question would be in a position to give a knowledgeable answer, but a couple of thoughts:

SIG sells fire control units by themselves with no slides, barrels, magazines, or grip modules. I would argue that that policy means they endorse assembling a complete gun with whatever parts one wishes. They won’t, of course, warrant any other company’s parts, such as a Wilson Combat grip module or another company’s slide or barrel, but why would assembling a gun with a sold-alone (or any other) FCU void the warranty of the FCU unless the aftermarket part was responsible for a failure of the SIG part(s)?

But in a situation like yours, why would you send the gun back for warranty service with the WC module? That would be like my sending a Tikka rifle for warranty service with an M-LOK rail attached. Most warranties include the clear statement that the company has no responsibility for aftermarket components.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I guess I just showed my ass and asked a legitimate honest question. Sorry to have troubled anyone with such trivia!

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I didn’t mean to be dismissive of your question. I have asked many questions myself whose answers seemed obvious to other people. It was a question about guns and SIGs in particular and was therefore as legitimate as any and far more relevant than the trivialities posted about the antics of some celebrity of the moment who gets far more attention than they deserve—but I’ll try not to get started on that. Roll Eyes

I apologize for my tone that suggested it was not a valid question. That was not my intent.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
I have the WC grip on my P365XL, P320 Carry as well as my X Compact. Changed the feel on all 3.

Posts: 118 | Location: RI | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See my post regarding WC grip characteristics. I'm thoroughly satisfied with the Wilson P320 and P365 grip frame modules. Very well designed.

Unfortunately, you missed out on the 20% off sale Wilson had for a few weeks. Bummer.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...110065694#5110065694

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Ordered a 320-CCSB from Wilson Combat tonight. 20% discount was still available, so I ordered a couple of the X-Series basepads to make my 1st gen mags compatible. Thanks for the help all. Hope my old arthritic hands can make the switch out without too many profanities.

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Today is December 10th and Wilson's 20% discount is still in effect. I just ordered a Compact size module.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post