SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Slide Mark ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slide Mark ? Login/Join 
Picture of joe9792
posted
Can anyone tell me what caused this straight line across the top of my M11-A1 slide ? Is this normal wear ?
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/xc3J3yn1/IMG-3996.jpg">

Posts: 201 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Close tolerance. Slide is contacting the barrel when the slide moves back and barrel tilts up when cycling.

Using grease helps, but it is not abnormal, it happens to several models.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43901 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joe9792
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 201 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That divot in the center is a little different from what I've seen in the past. Are there any burrs on the inside of your slide just forward of the ejection port opening, or right on the edge?

Posts: 8578 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joe9792
posted Hide Post
No burr there now.. perhaps smoothed out after a few rounds through ?

Picture of joe9792
posted Hide Post
Little steel wool and a little blueing ..

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice! Clearly it looked deeper in the pic than it actually was.

Posts: 8578 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post